Breeding Convicts

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

OscarCichlid

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
In my 30 gallon tank i have 2 pictus cats, 1 Pleco, and 1 Black Convict. The Pleco is about 6 inches, the 2 Pictus cats are bout 4-4.5 inches, The con is about 5 inches. When i first put the cats and the plec in he was aggressive twords them but soon calmed down. He now leaves them alone. There are a few good hiding spots in the tank for the cats to hide. I was thinking of adding a female con and breeding them. I know that cons become VERY aggressive when breeding but i also know that scavenger catfish make good tankmates for cons. Will they all be ok if i add a female? Will the pictus cats eat the eggs?? Will the cons kill the pictus cats defending there babys??

Well, my Pleco is getting removed today because he is getting torn up by the cons. They never bothered him until they bred.

DOn't worry about the eggs getting eaten. Nothing will ever be allowed to get close to them.

You may lose a few fry later on if they wander away from the group when the get older and a cat picks em off. Of course, if you have 100 fry like I do now, you don't mind losing a few.

Most reactions

Back