Brackish Help?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Malex530

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok so I am planning a brackish tank.i had a list of fish I want and I have researched them for months.

Fish:
Archer
Sailfin/black Molly
Anableps
Fig 8 puffer
Bumblebee goby
Indian mudskipper
Pan sole

Please can you guys tell me an appropriate tank size for all of these? Feel free to add or take away a few of them. Nothing more than 100 gal. Sorry for all the questions!

the archers min is 125 gallons, fig 8 puffer is a mean little bugger. i would go with some bumblebees and some salfin mollies with a mudskipper in a 50 gall.remember that the mudskippers  need a land area. hope i could help

Neale Monks has written many times on this forum about combining mudskippers with other fishes, and the answer is usually: they should stay alone. Anything smaller is food, anything bigger will scare them out of water. I have seen once a skipper with an F8, but on the long run it may not be a good combination. Do your best to select the indian (not easy to identify them, and shops don't care), since all other species, particularly the african barbarus, are killers. See here.

F8 is also temperamental, you may be lucky with a good specimen, or end up with a serial killer in your tank. The only known safe companion for them is the Bumblebee goby.

I had originally a quite similar plan, but restricted myself to 3 archers in about 150 l (with room up to 240, but I keep it half empty as a shooting rink for them), together with 6 rainbows. See below, and my conversations with Neale on this forum.

Cheers!

Maurizio

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back