Bozza's 3ft (160l) Planted Tank!

Latest update, PH 7, Nitrate abit, Nitrite 0, Ammonia 0. Its planted. Ive also added a Nutrafin Co2 kit that I had lying around. Currently has 5 Black Neons, 2 Neon Tetras, 1 Glowlight, 1 Pencil fish, 1 Pearl Danio. More fish will be added tonight and pictures will be up in a few hours. Hope everyone likes what they see.

Just a quick update on the progress of the tank. Sorry the picture is not very good. I have added 2 more cyrpts that a mate didnt want anymore. All plants are doing fine except for 1 particular type which the snails seem to love to eat. I have removed all but 3 snails from the tank as I have found that they are really dirty and make the tank dirty. Hope you like it. In the future I will be buying a external filter as I want more room in the tank instead of having the 2 filters in there. Plus the main filter pushes the plants sideways and it looks bad. You can sorta see it in the picture. Please let me know what you think.

IMGP0120.jpg

Torrens

Looking pretty good so far. I miss the bushy plant that was behind the wood though. It looked very good there.

The bushy plant behind the wood is still there but its just grown taller. I wonder if I prun it back abit lower then it more thicken up lower down. I believe thats what you do, is clip it back and where it was clipped it will sprout out thicker. Anyone back that up?

With some plants that is the case, but I'm not so sure on this one. All you can do is give it a try :) You can of course re-plant your cuttings to give it extra volume :)

Hi Bozza they just did a road test on the Nutrafin Co2 kit and a guy had a 3 foot planted tank and put 2 x Nutrafin Co2 kit (one at each end) and it was enough co2 his plants really flourished they looked fantastic so getting another Nutrafin Co2 kit is an option :) I am thinking of perhaps doing that rather than getting a gas set up.

Ive looked down the road of a gas setup. But for the gas bottle alone its about $250. It sucks in Aus that the co2 bottles are so expensive. The only real way of going is to go via this method. Since i last posted on here. Ive taken the co2 canister off the tank. Just got to annoying changing the mixtures. Dont have enough time. The tank is going good without it. Good luck with your tank, I Love my fishies

Also would like to add: Ive tired to cut the plant and re-plant it but it has grown back :( Well i dont think it has anyway. I cut it in half and left the bottom part of it to re-grow. But i dont think that was a good idea. Next time will cut in half and re-plant the top part as DevUK said in a couple of posts ago

Thanks for the good luck wishes :)

Yeah the gas set up is def the way to go but like you said it sux it is soooo expensive in Australia.

So you took your Nutrafin Co2 kit out of your tank.... I'm thinking bout putting one in my tank what do you think I should do? another option is the it will do a 3 foot tank and you just drop a tab into the dispenser here is a link to the product: http://www.shopsolution.nl/shop/home.asp?s...id=seraco2start

The nutrafin canister is quite good. But have to mix the yeast and water together. Couldnt be bothered changing the mixture :p Plus i leave the tank alone for 3 weeks sometimes more with someone to look after the fish. I wouldnt trust those tablets. I dont know why that is tho. The nutrafin canister works but plants still grow without it

I just bought it at a LFS in a 20kg bag. I think it would just be normal play sand i guess. Tank is looking alot like a jungle now. The thin val is spreading heaps. It has really grown. One of these days i will take a picture of it at its present state.

Torrens

Most reactions

Back