Boyu Zumbo

Alison1234

New Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm setting up a Boyu Zumbo 120 litre tank on the stand made for it.I've found the bottom has a rim and that is all that is in contact with the stand.The glass is suspended on the rim about 2cms above the stand .I'm worried about the strain on the glass if the load is not evenly spread.Do you think I should pack it out with polysteirine tiles or is it supposed to be that way? I've only had flat bottomed tanks before,so it seems odd to me.Nothing in the instructions says to put anything under it and the shop told me I didn't need to.
Thanks,I'm new here and look forward to learning lots from you all.Alison
 
That is a common design, you do not want anything making contact with the bottom glass. Doing so will place pressure on it that it was not designed to take, risking the bottom glass failing. I've got plenty of tanks with that design, and all work just fine with only the rim supported.
 
That is a common design, you do not want anything making contact with the bottom glass. Doing so will place pressure on it that it was not designed to take, risking the bottom glass failing. I've got plenty of tanks with that design, and all work just fine with only the rim supported.


Thank you so much for that.My main tank is in the wall between 2 rooms and is just a standard glass one so I've never come across this before.I had visions of a crack in the night and a hall full of water.Its always so valuable to hear from people who've been there!!!! That is very reassuring and means me avoiding a bad mistake.Its not just the mess.I'd be heartbroken for the poor fish ( I'm a saddo who will get up in the night to check on a sick fish!!! ).Alison
 
That is a common design, you do not want anything making contact with the bottom glass. Doing so will place pressure on it that it was not designed to take, risking the bottom glass failing. I've got plenty of tanks with that design, and all work just fine with only the rim supported.


Thank you so much for that.My main tank is in the wall between 2 rooms and is just a standard glass one so I've never come across this before.I had visions of a crack in the night and a hall full of water.Its always so valuable to hear from people who've been there!!!! That is very reassuring and means me avoiding a bad mistake.Its not just the mess.I'd be heartbroken for the poor fish ( I'm a saddo who will get up in the night to check on a sick fish!!! ).Alison


Can I just ask one more question please? The filter is all built in with 4 compartments.The power head and spray bar is ion the left,noodles and balls next,then a gap for the heater,then filter sponge in the next along.It came that way is it ok? The instruction book is not much good.Thanks,Alison
 
Sounds like more of a UK design, with the filter built in and all. I'm from the US, and have had no experience with a filter such as that, though I'm sure a UK member with some experience with a similar design will happen along.
 
Sounds like more of a UK design, with the filter built in and all. I'm from the US, and have had no experience with a filter such as that, though I'm sure a UK member with some experience with a similar design will happen along.

Thanks anyway.Alison
 
Can you take a picture of this filter your description confuses me. I would place the compartments sponge, ceramic, filter floss then have the heater on the outlet pipe if we are talking about an external.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top