Boyu External Filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

doubledee

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought one of these to add to my 180litre tank to supplement my Eheim. It is a copy of a Eden 501 by the looks of it and it works fine. I rinsed it yesterday and it's been running overnight filtering a bucket of water. I figured, you can't have enough filtration and I thought it might come in handy if I ever set up my breeding tank. The hoses are really short and if I'm to use it as an extra filter, I'm going to have to get longer hoses. Has anyone used one of these as a second filter? Does anyone think it will have enough power to lift the water up that distance, or should I just buy another one and use this for my breeding tank anyway?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
according to the ebay link it can pump to a height of 50cm so you might find it struggle if you have it sitting any lower than that ..

according to the ebay link it can pump to a height of 50cm so you might find it struggle if you have it sitting any lower than that ..

I didn't even notice that!!!! The filter would be about 50cm below but I've worked out that the hoses needed to put the intake at the opposite end would need to be 75cm at least. Oh well, it will do for my smaller tank. I'll see if I can get a cheap external as a second filter.

Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back