Bow Front Or Standard?

Cocomojo

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Finding more and more awesome deals out there on 72 gallon and larger tanks. Sorry if it's been asked before, just couldn't find anything with search. Which would you guys prefer if wanting to do a loach tank, bow front or standard? Eventually will move up to 100+ gallon tank, but looking at the 72 gallon bow front and 75 gallon standard.. there isn't much of a difference dimensions wise?

thanks for the opinions :P
 
Just whichever gives a larger footprint I guess. Seeing as they stick to the bottom. If they're basically the same then whichever you prefer.
I personally would go for a bowfront.
 
I'd say bow front if it gave you slightly more surface area. What tanks are they.
 
agreed bowfronts can give distortion plus they are narrower at the ends. straight tanks will usually have the better footprint .
 
if you go for a bow front,try to avoid the vicenza 260,mine was a right pain in the bum!!

i had more water in the floor than in the tank,lol
 
Im voting bow front! I have a 4ft bow front and its awesome - much more interesting than flat!!
 
Go for which ever you like more. :good:

I think everyone has different opinions on the two tanks. I like them both,and would be happy with either :good:

So if your happy with both - See whats cheaper in the long run etc. (and ofc better for the fish)
 
A friend of mine has a bow front, and I don't like the distortion. All my tanks are straight fronted (except an empty hexagon I keep out of sight for QT.)

OP, you might want to turn this into a poll.
 
My g/f and I like the viewing angles of a bow fronted tank but there's very little to choose from. Most come as complete sets with filters that I don't actually want.

Getting one custom built for 4ft length adds about £200 to the cost of the tank alone, assuming you find a builder who will even quote for it.

I'd love to hear if there are bow-fronted tanks out there that DO NOT come as complete sets which are a reasonable price. I've not found a single one yet.
 
Our 29gal tank is a bowfront and I hate it. I wish it were a regular rectangle tank.
So my vote is on the non-bowfront tank.
 
i have a small bowfront and when you try and scrape the algae off its a nightmare you have to go across at an angle and it takes ages
if i had to do that for a large bowfront it would be knackering
i vote straight but i must admit the bowfront looks nicer
 
Only problem I have with bow fronts is they seem to make things look a little flat. Also camera lens HATE and show up the distortion unless you are dead straight with the glass.

They do look lovely though :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top