Both Rams Now Flicking Against Ornaments

No improvement then.
Have you higher the temp and got your nitrates down.

No improvement then.
Have you higher the temp and got your nitrates down.

Temp now 80 Nitrates 20.

No other signs althoughth elarger Ram doesnt seem to be eating as well. going for food but not holding down. maybe try some shrimp??

They could be flicking because of the nitrates.

Here a list of signs of parasites just in case.

Signs of parasites are.
Flicking and rubbing.
Sometimes labour breathing or gasping at the surface of the tank.
pale gills with excess slime, or red and inflamed gills.
Excess slime on body of fish.
Sores on the body of the fish.
Swimming in a jerky movement.
darting, or erratic swimming.
White size grains of salt spots on fish.
bluish film on fish.
Yellow golden spot on fish, gold dusting on fish, rusty coloured varnish on fish.
Fish look like they have been dusted in talc.

I have to say the absolute maximum nitrates for rams is 20. I never allow mine over 15 (I feel this gives me leeway) I like to keep them around 10. Rams really don't like having spent any time at all in Nitrate levels above 20. Try waterchanging again and try to get them down further. It is possible that being in water with nitrates at 40 has stressed them leading to a further problem.

Have you seen any bullying by the angel or the gourami at all. I have angels and rams together myself but I have 6 angels and 8 rams (Not all staying, waiting to pair off) but I will have more than one angel. Not sure if maybe the lone angel could be stresssing them aswell. I find my angels are quite aggressive to each other at times, if it has no other angels present it is possibly aiming its aggression at the rams.

Have the rams lost colour, can you see very dark bars down the length of the body, this is a sign of stress in rams, the darker it gets, the less likely the ram will survive.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back