Bogwood,

lissa1794

Reaction score
OK-I have some Shahala wood (if I spelled it correctly)...I just viewed a tank that has Bogwood, where do you find that? I love the way woods :D looks in a tank, but it seems as if nice pieces are hard to come by......

Some pet stores sell it, but if you live by a river, you might be able to find some for free. I went walking by the river (the mighty Mississippi!) the other day and found two very awesome pieces for my next tank. Very nicely smoothed and polished. If you live by a river, you might try the same. I boil my driftwood for a an hour or so, doing a few water changes. This helps to remove the germs, bacteria, etc, and also helps to remove some of the color that would eventually end up in your tank water. Too much info?? Oh well, I tend to ramble!

Thanks for the speedy reply....I live near a river (the Mohawk), not as grand as the ole' Mississippi though :D ...but it's worth a try--I would not have thought of that, so THANKS again! :fun:

i live in the UK, and you can buy Mopani wood from most respectable pet shops.
You could even try some online pet stores.

Mopani wood is excellent for aquariums, it comes in all sorts of interesting shapes etc. just make sure its been treated and is safe for aquarium use. B)

Most reactions

Back