BNP woes and cave questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Snagrio

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I have a big male albino bristlenose that's been a real pain in the neck lately. Constantly digging through the sand to get underneath a large dragon stone. Not only does that make a mess with getting sand everywhere, but there's the danger of the rock shifting at some point and crushing the pleco underneath. Thing is, I know why he's doing it. There's no proper cave or cave-like structures in the tank. Lots of live plants, driftwood pieces and standalone dragon stone, but nothing that's really all that secluding.

What's annoying is that there was a natural rock cave I made by gluing some rocks together, but all the rocks were from the backyard and raised the PH (everything around here is sedimentary in nature) so I removed it. I have a bunch of artificial caves lying around like hollowed out logs and such, but the aim of this aquarium is to be as natural as possible with no fake decor. But I'm definitely going to need to think of something soon due to some apisto cichlids I have in quarantine that are also going to be wanting caves so, any suggestions? One thing I can think of would be coconut shells but I've never had experience with those before.

...You know, at this point I think I'm going to just swallow my pride and use one of the fake logs I already have. It looks natural-ish enough and doesn't have fake plants attached to it that would stick out compared to the real ones. Could even try to get something like Java moss growing on it at some point to disguise it further, even plain ol' algae will help.

The real challenge will be finding somewhere to put it though as most of the floor space is taken up already.

...You know, at this point I think I'm going to just swallow my pride and use one of the fake logs I already have. It looks natural-ish enough and doesn't have fake plants attached to it that would stick out compared to the real ones. Could even try to get something like Java moss growing on it at some point to disguise it further, even plain ol' algae will help.

The real challenge will be finding somewhere to put it though as most of the floor space is taken up already.
marimo moss balls, anubias and some natural wood chips may help hide it. or hornwort will block out the view

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back