Blyxa Japonica And Weeping Moss

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hensonc4098

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Blyxa Japonica
5 plants for £5 plus £2.50 postage if required.
Selling as plants are overgrowing themselves.

Weeping Moss
Golf ball sized portion for £5 plus £2.50 postage if required.

Picture of the tank they are coming from (excuse picture quality):

Collection is also welcome from Glasgow (my house) or South Lanarkshire (parents) area.

not intrested in buying, but how do you manage to grow blyax so fast mine just dies off :( , also whats the plant behind the blyax at the back? (the spikey stem)

Injected CO2, not too much light, plenty of ferts and some luck I think haha. Plant at the back is pogostemon stellata. I don't have the light for it to go pink, same as the rotala. It only turns pink when it reaches the surface.

Blyxa Japonica
5 plants for £5 plus £2.50 postage if required.
Selling as plants are overgrowing themselves.

Weeping Moss
Golf ball sized portion for £5 plus £2.50 postage if required.

I would like both, can we combine the postage i.e. £12.50 for the lot?

Tank looks great, what fish do you keep in it?

Gutted I missed out on the Blyxa.

Yup me too, looks awesome in that tank.
Not sure who got it though.
Let us know when you are next doing a trim hensonc4098 ;)
Would like some moss, but would prefer to combine the postage, as Royal Mail gets enough of our money
noexpression.gif

I had advertised it on aqcenter too as that's the forum where I'm most active. I'll likely have more to sell soon as it grows like wildfire in my tank.

Fish wise in there are about 18 forktail rainbowfish, a pair of wild caught apistogramma norberti, a trio of dwarf gouramis, an amano shrimp army and a BN pleco.

coolx.gif
  look forward to the next trim, and if possible can I be cheeky and ask if TFF members could have the first shot next time, pleeeeaazzzeeee.  Will answer you as soon as humanly possible once you have posted and I am sure Livewire88 will not be far behind, or even in front
ninja.gif

Lovely green plants, what ferts do you use?

What size is your Juwel Vision?

EDIT: what is the other site, when I went to look I came back to this one again
wink.png
  PM me if you do not want to advertise it here.

Dont worry RCA I wont be trying to snipe you on the next sale, I am due to re scape me Arc60 tank so will have to buy some from else where. 

I'll put it up here when I have some more to sell. :)
The tank is the vision 180.
Ferts wise I'm currently using up a bottle of TNC complete, but have powders to do EI dosing once that's used up. The tank also gets injected CO2.

RCA said:
EDIT: what is the other site, when I went to look I came back to this one again
wink.png
  PM me if you do not want to advertise it here.

I suspect it fell foul of a filter, there were some problems with people spamming the forum with adverts for other forums and some sites got added to the filter as a result. I'll see if we can have a look at the filters as it is somewhat confusing.

hensonc4098 said:
I'll put it up here when I have some more to sell.
smile.png

The tank is the vision 180.
Ferts wise I'm currently using up a bottle of TNC complete, but have powders to do EI dosing once that's used up. The tank also gets injected CO2.

thanks.gif

Ah that is the same as mine, what light tubes are you using please?  I am doing mine up at present (link in signature).
What are the powders you have got, and why the switch as your plants look great.

I have been looking at the Co2 with the fire extinguisher, this looks like a good route to go down, although the Co2 is awhile off yet.

@DrRob, thanks for that.  I understand that the TFF mods do not want people linking to other forums all the time and loosing people from TFF, but in my experience if the forum is meeting the needs of the community you will not loose them.  I always found asking the community what they wanted was the success of a global forum, and you do tend to do this.  Mind you I have a lot of ideas I have yet to put through to the forum on some potential enhancements ~ when I get time to be in that mindset I will add them
whistling.gif

It's just standard twin t5 tubes. I'm using the day tubes as I like the colour they give.
The plants are growing really well on the premixed fertilisers, but it's just expensive. I end up dosing about 5ml a day, so I go through it pretty quickly! The EI powders cost me about £35 for a years supply.
It's a fire extinguisher that I use.

It turns out I have a lot more of this than I thought I did lol, so I have enough to do you guys a portion each if you like?

Of blyxa, I mean. I have heaps of moss if you'd like some of that too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back