Blue Tree Gorgonia (Acalycigorgia Sea Fan)

arron

Reaction score
This is my BTG

Blue Tree 1 (600 x 450).jpg

Oh my goodness, that looks fantastic. Keep us updated with your progress, pleeeese

Seffie x

And the full tank .... it's 58 litres and came from a mate who upgraded he had it set up for about 18 months it just moved to my house i've had it for about 6 months and everythings been running pretty well so far and i've been surprised how easy it is to maintain compaired to my planted tank.
The BTG isn't open in this shot
thanks for the intrest :)

Full Tank pic (512 x 384).jpg

Very nice. You have a lot of softies in there and they can sometimes 'war' against LPS. Good luck with it. They are very difficult to keep. Hopefully it will do great. SH

Thanks, it seems happy enough atm but i remain fearful about it.... i can't help but think i might of biten off more than i can chew but if all it needs is care, water changes, flow and feeding i stand as much chance as anybody ..... i'll be happy if it starts growing :)
i have read in a book that you have to remove a waxy coating from time to time but they didn't say how ...... any ideas ? i can't imagine havin a pick at it lol
Cheers
arron

i have read in a book that you have to remove a waxy coating from time to time but they didn't say how ...... any ideas ?

That's another issue about keeping these corals. They do better under low lighting since they are NOT photosynthetic and may build up a layer of microalgae on them. The predominant corals that we keep require moderate to high lighting. Hence, what we all try to emphasize here is care on stocking your tank, especially corals. It looks like you have a dark overhang in your aquascaping. You may want to move your coral there or, at least frag it and put a piece there to so if the larger frag dies the smaller frag might survive and prosper. Just some thoughts.

SH

hello again, sorry about the delay getting back work/kids/life has been manic this week :hyper:

the dark overhang on the left side is a place where i'd like to try a sun coral at some point but more central is a cave that goes all the way to the back which would be ideal if the tree was just a little shorter , hopfully in the near future i'll be converting my planted tank to a marine one which i'd be able to build a place just for it tank size is 32"x24x18 (LxHxD) happy days :)
The book that i was reading in a shop covered the lighting/alge problem and the waxy coating was in a different bit so i'm thinking it's a different issue, on the subject of fragging i'd be intrested to know how the idea of doing it scares the billy o outta me lol
cheers again
Arron

i'd be intrested to know how the idea of doing it scares the billy o outta me lol

Don't worry, when you have done it once, and scared the whatsits out of yourself, as we all do, you will wonder why you were so worried :lol:

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back