Blue Spotted Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
brilliant.

i must agree with andy, he seems to be hitting the hard facts from marine experts, whereas jonny is resorting to well personal slander.

Well i take it you both agree that commenting on a persons writing skills are perfectly acceptable, in my eyes this is not so, and therfore i am free to use the same underhand tactics.

so basically your been like this because you cant spell lol well neither can i :)

had quite a few PM's all in agreement at what an absolute idiot you are.

Well maybe these "People" should go state what they feel instead of hiding behind a PM. These people must be pretty pathetic, andywg contributes alot of valuble information to the SW side of the forum and scientific side. Just because you was proven wrong you dont have to act like a spoilt prat.

Jesus Christ! You nearly wrote your own book with your last post. Another sign that you have too much time on your hands.

Or that I can research and post such a written text in under 10 minutes whilst watching some TV? ;)

I could really laugh at you all day, had quite a few PM's all in agreement at what an absolute idiot you are.

You know, people often claim that when they start having to resort to personal insults. I would wager many of those PMs are from people who have previously tried to argue facts with me and come completely unstuck and had to resort to calling me names.

I can't help but note the fact (well pointed out by Ace) that those who support my posts are prepared to put in public whereas those that you claim to have sent you PMs have not the courage to put their support for you in public.

You still seem to be missing the point here though?
I said that if their max size were 30cm then i must have seen all fully grown adults, is this not a possibilty as young rays will prob we harder to find?
Is it also not possible that i have seen larger rays how about 31cm or 32cm? thats still larger but seems not possible in your world.

Indeed that is possible (though the sizes you give above are lower than that on fishbase). Now read your posts again. You state you and your friend have seen them at a disc size of 100cm. This is quite different from saying 1 or 2 cm difference from the recorded maximum (which is almost certainly possible).

I also refer to your earlier post about me not being able to spell my insult correctly? This was rather pathetic for someone to say, as what you don't know is that i am Dislexic and sometimes i do mix letters up, but again in your world i am prob wrong and am not dislexic because you have found 'scientifically resourced' information saying that i am not. Also dislexia does not mean that someone is thick or slow as i have a degree in electro-mechanical engineering to prove this.

Aha, I like how you defend the statement that dyslexic people are thick or slow without me even saying it.

For the record: I happen to know a number of people who are dyslexic and who do very well and I most certainly do not believe them to be slow. I was always particularly in awe of OneTrickPony who used to carry a note in his sig that he was dyslexic and as such he was sorry if you couldn't understand his posts and would attempt to reword them if you had a problem with understanding.

Regardless of whether you really are dyslexic or not I do not regret pointing out your incorrect spelling of Muppet. It was you who decided to descend to personal insults by referring to me as a Muppet (did you have one in mind? I always liked Animal). If you decide to throw mud around like that then expect to get dirty.

Finally (on this point) I don't agree with this sudden argumentum ad misericordiam.

I would also request that a moderator on this forum remove you, as i am absolutly disgusted by your apparant arrogance towards peoples view not only in this topic but others i have read.

I agree. I recommend you PM Tolak, BigC, Juanveldez, Stealhealr, Skifletch or CFC and then post the reply you get here :D

So to sum up - Shut up and get a life.

And again we return to argumentum ad hominem.

Seriously, if you get this upset about postings on the internet, how on earth do you cope with the horrors of real life when someone disagrees with you?

don't listen to Andy, hez a relly big mean jerk nd i hate him. he trys to get everyone angry and the mods are always onh is side

Wow, I knew I should have read this post earlier. As it has no current value, time for it to be closed.

To the posters in this thread: Neither insulting each other, NOR antagonizing each other, NOR goading each other into response is constructive; consider this a verbal warning to stay away from such behavior (especially involving each other) in the future. As I was always taught as a young child, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Secondly to all posters in this thread, this just in: People have different ideas and oppinions on many topics and when you do, its OK to agree to disagree without behaving like children.

Finally, maybe before making assumptions that we're automatically "on someone's side" you might consider that not everything we moderators do is public... We can send PM's too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back