Blue Neon Gouramis Need Tank Mates

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lally

Reaction score
My tank is about 2 months old now. I started with 1 small angelfish, 2 clown loaches, 1 red finned shark .... the red finned shark died quite quickly and the clown loaches both died of white spot. even though I treated the tank.. my angelfish died recently as it got trapped behind the filter... before the white spot was really noticable I added two blue neon gouramis and 1 bristlenose catfish.

I am now ready to add more fish but first I want to find out what is best to go with the Blue Neons. They might be Powder blues as the pictures I have seen on the net look similar...

Another question was I want to add more gravel as I put too little in at the beginning and now if i buy potted plants i can not stand them in enough gravel - can I just add cleaned gravel to the tank (slowly and carefully?)

What size is the tank?

And how long since you completed the ich treatment? (note that with ich you have to finish the treatment even if there are no visibly affected fish as the ich parasite has a free-swimming phase). I wouldn't add fish for several weeks after an ich outbreak.

You can add gravel if you do it carefully.

Most reactions

Back