Blue Lobster I hear you say

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

hollywoodH

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello peeps

I brought a blue lobster the other day to put in my Malawi set up and he is so cool. Suposubdly only grows to 3.5 - 4 inches and is a quality adition to my tank. The malawi's leave him alone and he leaves them alone so a good start. BUT is it really a lobster? It looks like one and is blue. Not much to go on i know but i cant post pics... ANY IDEAS OR INFO???

my lfs had theem (blue lobster) when i read up i found they were blue crayfish, get about 4-6 inches great little things not much info about them on the net that i could find!

If it is a blue crayfish, they are liable to munch on bottom feeders. According to my nslfs.

Mine has been in for a week and he is quality. I thought he was a crayfish as well. Not suitable with bottem feeders like corys and the like but he leaves my plecos alone

I saw some of these at my LFS, too. I was wanting to get one just for the sheer novelty of it, but I was warned he would munch on any of my bottom feeders, and if there was a sturdy enough plant/rock, he would try climbing up and ambushing fish as they swim past underneath him. :lol: The antics enough might be worth it, but I didn't want to risk any of my current fish. Maybe in my breeding tank, though, since it's plant free and I don't put any bottom feeders in it.

Most reactions

Back