Blue Green Algea

Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
514
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
England, Northamptonshire
I have been doing a blackout for treating my cynobacteria for past 4 days. It still looks as if its alive but at the minute there are no fish in the tank as i have move them temporarily into my other tank (just a male kirb and 20fry. The fry are in a breeding trap)

The tank has been set up for 5 years and so I do not understand the sudden outbreak of the bacteria as i have never had this problem before. I was wondering whether it would be best to restart the tank from scratch as an easier way of getting rid of it.

I was planning on rescaping the tank anyway, including changing the gravel and all plants. I will soak the wood in some hot water to hopefully kill any bacteria on them before putting them back in.

What do you think would be the best way to get rid of it? I don't care about time frames, just as long as it goes!

Thanks!
Meg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top