blue gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishmanuk

Reaction score
is it normal for my blue spotted gourami to have a bubble under its bottom lip, its about the same size as its eye.does any1 no what this is :dunno: it is swimming around fine,theres no infection or anything :dunno:

Hi fishmanuk :)

No, your gourami should not be that way. :no:

Unfortunately, I don't know what the cause of it is, or the cure. If no one responds after awhile, I'll move your thread to Bettas and Gouramis to see if you have more luck there.

I haven't answered you as I've never heard of it - perhaps others are not posting for the same reason. If you do find information here or elseware please let us know about it - I'd like to learn about this.

ALASKA

Sorry that I can't be of any help...

is it an air bubble or is it actually a bubble in the flesh?

It could be an infection though I've never heard of it either. Try some MelaFix or another antibacterial/antifungus treatment and see if it helps.

Hi fishmanuk :)

How is your gourami today? Has the bump gotten any larger or changed color? Is there any sign of illness on any of your other fish even if it has different symptoms?

Any sign of finrot or fungus on this fish or any other in your tank? Are there any scales missing on the bump?

NO HE IS TOTALY FINE NO ILNESS WHAT SO EVER. IM WONDERING SHOULD I PUT HIM BACK IN MY AQUARIUM :dunno:

There is a possibility it could be a cancerous growth, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back