Bloody Mary + Blue Dream = ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mlolm

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to shrimp keeping. I love my shrimp so far and a decent sized colony of about 30-40 are inhabiting my tank now. I bought something like 5 bloody marys and I think 3 blue dreams from the petshop about 3 months ago. Now I have a colony! Only the females are still alive from my original purchase. Two bloody marys had babies and one blue dream.

I'm new to breeding so not sure how this works but right now my juveniles are all black. There is a hatching of blue dreams that already appear blue. I was just wondering do bloody marys normally stay black until a certain age? Or are they black because the bloodys and the blues breed together which equals boring black shrimp? :)

Future lesson: only keep one type if you want to breed for color it would seem. I'm sure inter-breeding them made them stronger/healthier, but they are less pretty to look at :)

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 507
Google tells me that bloody mary and blue dream shrimps are both Neocaridina davidi, so yes they will breed together and the offspring will refect a mix of the two colours.

Most reactions

Back