Blood Worms For Mollies And Platies?

I just plop my cubes straight in. It defrosts pretty quickly. I've never had a fish die on me with frozen food :/

I don't think the fish would die if they merely touched a frozen cube, but just throwing the cube in can't be as much fun as shooting the food at the fish! I actually poured the tray into the tank was pretty cool too, but then it was too much and a lot of the brine shrimp didn't get eaten & it floated to the bottomj to rot. That's why I do it with the dropper doses now.

I just plop my cubes straight in. It defrosts pretty quickly. I've never had a fish die on me with frozen food :/

I don't think the fish would die if they merely touched a frozen cube, but just throwing the cube in can't be as much fun as shooting the food at the fish! I actually poured the tray into the tank was pretty cool too, but then it was too much and a lot of the brine shrimp didn't get eaten & it floated to the bottomj to rot. That's why I do it with the dropper doses now.
Then maybe there was something inside the bloodworm cube's ice that killed them, probably tap water that the seller put in the worms.

Nowadays I just give my fish pinches of worms to eat directly so that they won't waste any of it. The catfish is first to come lol.

Then maybe there was something inside the bloodworm cube's ice that killed them, probably tap water that the seller put in the worms.

Nowadays I just give my fish pinches of worms to eat directly so that they won't waste any of it. The catfish is first to come lol.

I just add warm tap water myself. I don't de-chlorinate it either since it's such a small amount & it mixes with the tank water quickly.

I just add warm tap water myself. I don't de-chlorinate it either since it's such a small amount & it mixes with the tank water quickly.
Then no idea why only the neons and angelfish flipped to the side by just pecking for a few minutes at the cube. But it was strange. It was also summer back then so I thought that some icy food would be fine.

Maybe it was the extreme temp?
Or a mix of hot water + cold cube and caused them a shock, as summer can be pretty hot here.
Only one type of fish I had died probably due to the warm weather (or the Zebras too, not sure if that was the actual problem), but I have yet to find out what kind of fish they were. They were some tiny flat, almost coin-like golden fish with a black dot on their back towards the tail. Does anyone know what those are?
They looked something like this:

Attachments

• ScreenShot544.png
    ScreenShot544.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 71
When you've got cichlids especially an oscar, its hard to just give one cube.
I have to do 2 or 3 to make sure every fish gets a bit.

Good thing I have a limited number of fish. They can share one cube and they get enough food for the whole day. The swordtails peck a few worms and the catfish takes one whole ball of them. But I split that into 4 meals a day, hope that won't give too much ammonia as I cannot measure it yet -.-

Yeh I didn't think so. I tend to just throw my cubes in for my cichlid tank, their mouth is just too big to pick at individual brine shrimp. Most of it gets sucked into the filter, which is such a waste. So I just let them attack the blocks, they all get some until the Frontosa comes out and sucks the whole block down his gob :lol:
Nothing ever ever falls to the bottom in the cichlid tank, it's gone in seconds haha.
But I might have to try your dropper tactic in my tropical tank. Platies are pigs lol.

Gidge, on 01 February 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

I just plop my cubes straight in. It defrosts pretty quickly. I've never had a fish die on me with frozen food

Yeh I didn't think so. I tend to just throw my cubes in for my cichlid tank, their mouth is just too big to pick at individual brine shrimp. Most of it gets sucked into the filter, which is such a waste. So I just let them attack the blocks, they all get some until the Frontosa comes out and sucks the whole block down his gob :lol:
Nothing ever ever falls to the bottom in the cichlid tank, it's gone in seconds haha.
But I might have to try your dropper tactic in my tropical tank. Platies are pigs lol.

Do you feed your africans Bloodworm?? :crazy:

:good: It's more fun to shoot the shrimp out at them............they love it too.It creates a bit of a frenzy, mnore than when I dump flake on the top anyway.

Gidge, on 01 February 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

I just plop my cubes straight in. It defrosts pretty quickly. I've never had a fish die on me with frozen food

Do you feed your africans Bloodworm?? :crazy:
No No. Brine shrimp haha.

:good: It's more fun to shoot the shrimp out at them............they love it too.It creates a bit of a frenzy, mnore than when I dump flake on the top anyway.

Once the block starts to defrost, the tigers go crazy. Darting around everywhere. So I can imagine how good it would be to watch when you shoot it at them. I'm def giving this ago next feeding time!!

hah oh right that's good, don't worry i wasn't going to shout at you even if you did feed them it (not too much anyway lol :p )

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back