Blood Parrot tank mates?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

bionic boy

Reaction score
I have two blood parrots, an angel, a krib and a plec in a well planted tank. I am wanting to get a few blue rainbow praecox fish. I know these are more timid and am worried if the others will bully them. This might be a stupid question, but I've not had loads of experience.
Cheers

What size is your tank? How long has it been going and how long have the fish been in there?

If your tank is well planted you might be able to have some more timid fish in there because they have somewhere to hide and are not always in view of the more aggressive fish.

However, I do not know about that exact kind of fish because I have never come across it.

It's about 26 gallons and the parrots are fairly established- been there about 7 months. I've been told that Rainbows are usually ok with parrots and quite fast so able to dart away, but I don't want them to be stressed.
Cheers.

I am afraid your tank is not big enough for your fish already. Blood parrots get to 10", angels also require a lot of room. Many give angels the required 18"hieght and also 10galls per fish.

I would not add any more and perhaps think of upgrading or giving the angel and parrot away.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

Yeah the tank is way to small for the parrots, and planted tanks + blood parrots = messy tanks. They will soon uproot all your plants and rip them apart, try a rocky tank so they cant move anything around.
Mine is always keeping my tank messy :)

Most reactions

Back