Blood Parrot Fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

lloyd

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Why does nobody know which fish were used to "create" blood parrot fish?

every one has different opinions as to who the "ancestors" are but why doesnt any body know?

also how are the fish bred this days? or they hormone treated?

Why does nobody know which fish were used to "create" blood parrot fish?

every one has different opinions as to who the "ancestors" are but why doesnt any body know?

also how are the fish bred this days? or they hormone treated?

they are man made hybrids.. im sure whoever did it first has the recipie, but it may take a while to track down .

I think red devil for definite

And true parrot much further back

I think red devil for definite

And true parrot much further back

there is a big similarity in appearance to red devils but not really in temperament.

i cant see how they are related to true parrot cichlids though other than names

I only think that do to the parrot like mouth sort of but probably not

I think possibly they have red devil but due to deformities they can't be all to aggressive ( IMO)

they do know. just research it properly :)

what sort of answer is that. ??

hes asked a question if you knew then why not jut tell him or guide him
crazy.gif

its a forum where people ask questions to obtain the information they need..* research*

if thats the best you can do i dont see any point in replying at all
angry.gif

and hia Bae :)

Yeah sort of like answering with google it :blink:

Hi aswell
Bae

I only think that do to the parrot like mouth sort of but probably not

I think possibly they have red devil but due to deformities they can't be all to aggressive ( IMO)
you are correct. indead it is a hidden secret. i briefly remeber the page i read and looking at it again it said its a secret but common suggestions are midas cichlid, redhead cichlid, severum and the red devil

they do know. just research it properly :)

what sort of answer is that. ??

hes asked a question if you knew then why not jut tell him or guide him
crazy.gif

its a forum where people ask questions to obtain the information they need..* research*

if thats the best you can do i dont see any point in replying at all
angry.gif

and hia Bae :)
because i wasnt sure on the parent s anyway ive updated this comment. thanks for your input..... :S

thanks everyone. Does any one know how the fish are bred that arrive in our shops..........considering most are suppost to be infertile

have a read of this lloyd
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_parrot_cichlid
it wont answer all your questions by any means but its a start.. there probably ( tho im not 100%) a thread here somewhere on TFF that you maybe able to find if you use the search function.
may have more luck if you use search while you are actually somewhere in the hybrid section rather than searching the whole site
good.gif

shelagh x

I've often heard that parrots are a sev/red devil cross, but I could be wrong. I've never been attracted to parrrot fish (i think they are hideous) so I have never researched.

I've often heard that parrots are a sev/red devil cross, but I could be wrong. I've never been attracted to parrrot fish (i think they are hideous) so I have never researched.
you have to be joking. parrot fish are beautifull fish. i admit dome of them are horrible. but the ones that keep thier colour and have a good shape are amazing. despite the way they were made they are very cunning,smart and very aware playfull fish.

you can literally see thier personalitys just by looking in their eyes!

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=4292

you have to be joking. parrot fish are beautifull fish. i admit dome of them are horrible. but the ones that keep thier colour and have a good shape are amazing. despite the way they were made they are very cunning,smart and very aware playfull fish.

you can literally see thier personalitys just by looking in their eyes!

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=4292
I'm entitled to my opinion. I do not think that they are attractive or appealing. But then again, a lot of fish keepers would say that Oscars are ugly. I personally love them. They are entitled to say that.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back