Blind Cave Fish

crazychris

Fishaholic
Joined
Aug 9, 2008
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
East London
Anyone else have one? I've had one a few months now and it's grown very fast, probably adult size now. Read on other forums that they can be semi-aggressive and fin-nippers but mine is very peaceful and doesn't bother other fish, even smaller ones. He/she is always on the go and first to grab any falling food. Great community fish in my opinion. Or have I just got a placid one?
 
It may just turn nippier with age. If you can, I'd suggest you get more of them. That'll spread out eventual aggression and less problems will occur.
 
It may just turn nippier with age. If you can, I'd suggest you get more of them. That'll spread out eventual aggression and less problems will occur.


Yeah but the ones my LFS has are much smaller than mine. Does that matter?
 
If it were my tank, I'd get rid of the platies and definitely 'up' the number of Astyanax fasciatus mexicanus (blind cave fish/mexican tetra). The clown fish might be stunted now unfortunately.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top