Black Spots On Tetra's? Disease?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TDPUK

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm not sure if this is an actual emergency or not but I don't want to chance it. Does my tetra have some sort of disease? I've noticed another one of the orange tetras also has this. 

I awoke to find my polka dot botia dead at the bottom of the tank ( He had been missing for a few days )

2ueimg7.jpg

Thank you!

Think it's a minnow. Never seen this, but looks a bit like a parasite like Ich / Velvet to me ???

Its a white cloud mountain minnow, could be black ich/black spot which is a parasitic similar to ich (genus Paravortex) Esha Exit has this disease on its list of things it cures, mostly it will go away on its own, but that looks quite a heavy infestation personally I would be inclined to treat it. Esha exit is safe for delicate fish and snails so no need to remove them. :) Hope this helps

Don't wait to long with treatment, cause most of these parasites infect gills after some time.

DoubleDutch said:
Don't wait to long with treatment, cause most of these parasites infect gills after some time.

star4 said:
Its a white cloud mountain minnow, could be black ich/black spot which is a parasitic similar to ich (genus Paravortex) Esha Exit has this disease on its list of things it cures, mostly it will go away on its own, but that looks quite a heavy infestation personally I would be inclined to treat it. Esha exit is safe for delicate fish and snails so no need to remove them.
smile.png
Hope this helps

DoubleDutch said:
Think it's a minnow. Never seen this, but looks a bit like a parasite like Ich / Velvet to me ???

Thanks for the replies, is Esha exit safe to use with my other fish? I don't want these tetras to wipe out all of my tank.

Yup, it's fine for everything.  I had to use it in the past and even the catfish were fine.

Just don't overdose it.

Yup again. If it is such a parasite you'll always have to treat the whole tank / all fish. Though not visible it is in your whole tank.
As said : I never saw black Ich / black spot before.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back