Black Ghostknife

No. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but 60 gallons isn't even enough for one fully grown bgk. You need a least a 4 x 2 tank to keep a full grown adult. To keep two, you need a very large tank that they can each establish their own territories in. If the tank is too small, what will most likely happen is one will kill the other.

Ryan
 
he is still small and we plan to eventually get 90 gallon tank.i will take your advice and stick with one.he's just so interesting i thought 2 would be cool.
 
I think it would be better, and less expensive...Just to buy one big tank, then buying a smaller one with the intent of getting a bigger one later down the road. Just do yourself a favour and get a bigger tank now.
 
we just recently bought the 60 gallon and with all the accessories it was a nice littie chunk of money so a 90 gallon will have to wait a while. i appreciate the advice.
 
When I kept my friend's when his tank cracked, mine nearly killed his. They were in a 80g and about 7" and 4", mine being the 7". I guess it just depends on the individual. I think it is because of their electrical fields that they use to navigate are maybe annoying to another specimen. The same person kept theirs (temporarily) with some african morymid (sp) that I forget the name of that also used electrical fields. They also fought a lot.

Ryan

EDIT: I think the African morymid was an elephant nose or something like that.
 
They may be breeding, but it's unlikely.

There used to be a member on here called something like Blueice, they always kept their BGKs in groups and never had any issues. Used to be quite funny where people (often with zero experience of keeping a BGK) would claim it is impossible to keep more than one BGK per tank when all the people who have done so reported no issues.
 
They always seem fine in wholesalers tanks, maybe they just need to be kept in larger number, not in pairs. I know with many species that if you keep them in pairs, they fight, but in groups, they don't.

Ryan
 

Most reactions

Back
Top