Black Ghost Knife

Apex_Wolf

New Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2007
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey all, I recently received a Black Ghost Knife, he eats fine and is sometimes active (at night of course) but he has made him self home in a floating plant mat I have, I'm jsut wondering if he will be ok in there, being a nocturnal fish, I can't see it hurting him or he wouldn't stay there,
 
I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be fine and happy under some floating plants. The main thing is to make sure there is enough cover for him to hide in like bog wood, firmly planted rocks and large plants. They love the caves during the day and love to swim during the night.

How big of a tank do you have the little guy in?
 
He will be fine in the plants, mine likes to hang out in some I have floating near the surface, he actually negotiates plants better than most fish, due to his shape. Try getting a long tube or in my case I have whole coconuts in there (hollowed out of course) which is loves as his home, albeit he is growing out of his now, his tail sticks out but it doesnt seem to bother him.

Mines very active even during the day and hand feeds, so if you get some live/frozen foods, try teaching him to come up for his food.

Great fish, one of my favourites, be aware they are pretty senstive so keep on top of water quality and feed plenty of varied foods.
 
I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be fine and happy under some floating plants. The main thing is to make sure there is enough cover for him to hide in like bog wood, firmly planted rocks and large plants. They love the caves during the day and love to swim during the night.

How big of a tank do you have the little guy in?

He is currently in a 45 gallon, but once my other tank is properly established he will be moving to a 100 gal, thanks again for the advice from both of you, I have made and bought rock caves for him, so he has options but seems to like the plant mat during the day
 

Most reactions

Back
Top