Black Ghost Knife Hiding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
Maybe some of you are familiar with the black ghost knife hiding quite a bit, but my black ghost knife always hides in my large ornamental tunnel tree. Is there any way to lure them out or teach them to come out at daytime at least a little?

buy some floating plants to dim the lights, other than that I have no suggestions. I did read that you can wathc them prowl around at night with a red light and it wont disturb them. :)

I believe on member on this site showed my a video of his black ghost knife out and about in the daytime. I think it was 'ghostknife' but I'm not exactly sure. If he knows, or anyone else knows, how to get the bgk out and about, plz tell? :D The only reasonable thing I can thin of would be getting a glass tubing, but my tree ornament is much darker and I think he feels safest in there, that's the reason he only goes in there. :sad:

Hey Eel,
It was me with the video. The first few months don't mess with him. I know you want to see him come out but I have found that they are the most fragile when you first get them. He is what you can do though. Ater a few weeks you can buy a plastic see through tube especially made for Ghosts. I got mine at a pet shot but I also have taken the top off of an old time kerosine lamp. It is a long glass tube that bulges out at one end. Either one you get make sure you leave his old hiding spot IN the tank!!! Put the new and the old in there for a week or two. He NEEDS to know that it is there BEFORE you take out the other hiding spot. (or you can leave both in.) I know everyone says they need a dark place to hide but mine isn't to bothered by the light.
The way that I trained mine to hand feed was to feed him at ONE particular spot. Every time I wanted to feed him I would open the lid and tapped at that corner of the tank. At first he will just realize that the food is over there, but soon after he will start to follow the food to its source. I put either frozen brine shrimp, blood worms, or earth worms about 1/4 of an inch into the water. He will "bite off" what he wants. Also with the mess he makes it will usually be enough to feed everyone else in the tank. (I have been very busy with school so if you have anymore questions please send me an E-mail :cool: )
Signed,
Sondan

thank sondan, i sent an email. I got a large clear tube, but my AE's and 1 angel JUST fit in it! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back