Black Ghost Knife Fish For Sale - (Apteronotus Albifrons)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Livestock: BGK
Age and condition: excellent health
Quantity for sale: 1
Reason for Sale: need space in tank
Delivery or Collection: collection preffered but can deliver locally
Sales price: £20
Postage & Packaging: no

i have for sale a very healthy 9-10 inch ish BGK. ive had this fish from a very small juvi and its thrived in every tank its been in and grown into a stunning fish. its very healthy and eats everything and anything its offered.
im selling it as i need the space for a new catfish and there just isnt enough places for them all to hide im affraid..... :sad: these as you will probably know are very interesting and unusual fish that are very peacefull.
they can get big though so a decent sized tank will be needed eventually and once full size its best not to chance them with tiny fish for obvious reasons. its currently living in my oscar tank along with barbs, rainbow cichlids and various catfish and has never bothered any of them. it just keeps itself to itself and gets on with its life.
they do like a cave, plastic pipe or place to retreat etc to get away from it all now and then.

im in Leicestershire and would prefer collection but may deliver locally if fuel costs are covered. i will not post this fish :no:

looking for offers around £20

well if you decide its a good idea :hey: then next time im visiting wharf then i can bring him along....

he will be fine with your stocking though

i have decided to try and sell this BGK again so anyone interested just give us a shout :good:

009-12.jpg

Would it be able to go in a 4ft?
what are the tank dimensions?

it should be fine in a 4ft for quite a while but these fish can get quite big in time.

ive had it for well over a year and a half and its grown from about 4 inches to about 9-10 inches so growth rates arent massive but something to think about. as i said it will/should be fine in a 4ft for quite some time though just as long as its not too narrow.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back