Bird Flu In Scotland

black angel

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hearing on the news that a dead swan has tested positive for bird flu in Fife. Wonder if the government are going to call for all poultry to be slaughtered like they did for foot and mouth?

i also heard that story on the radio, hope it dont come anywhere near here :(
where did this all start?

I dont have to worry about bird flu...Im a bloke.

You do chap.. im a bloke but i think ive got it.. im getting all over-emotional, and i can't seem to park the car anymore.

sorry.. old ones are the best..

BTW.. trust you to drag a serious topic down to your level..

P.S.. i swear i saw jesus in some mopani the other day.

The old ones are indeed the best.....funny you should mention mopwani wood....wilson now has a horse! its far too small for him though, infact its smaller than his head but it does look like a horse.

Didnt mean to hijack the thread, I'll sush now.

I do think the whole bird flew is a bit 'Y2K' fuss about nothing, until people start dropping dead in the streets I think I'll just get on with life as normal.

I do think the whole bird flew is a bit 'Y2K' fuss about nothing, until people start dropping dead in the streets I think I'll just get on with life as normal.

I've got to admit.. i think the same really..

hmm wonder if i can use "i`ve got bird flu" as an excuse to get off work....

the press have exaggerated it so much really, any person who knows what they're talking about will tell you that its not like "oh my god run to the hills" and that as yet we should not worry too much, especially about it spreading to humans, although there is cause for concern about it spreading to loads of poultry. As long as eggs and chicken is cooked properly there is absolutely no reason for concern at all. ^_^

yeah. true - I think it's alot of fuss about nothing

but I keep birds so - should I be worried? will the cats bring in a sick bird and infect my African grey?

hmm................

im not going to stop eating eggs,
or feeding my kids chicken :drool:
im not worried either. yummy kfc

Its the same as when the foot and mouth epidemic was front page, at the end of the day I knocked my 40" flat screen TV off its stand last year while trying to plug in a scart for playstation 2, it landed face first on a dog toy and exploded. It was very traumatic for me, both emotionally and financially but I didnt expect some farmer down in surrey to give a sh1t that my £2000 uninsured TV had just broken so why should I care when his cows cant stand up?

Dont get me wrong, It was a shame for the farmers and my heart goes out to thoes that lost their source of income etc but people lose their jobs everyday and nobody cares....like when the pits closed or the ship yards closed.....did the farmers care?

What Im trying to say is bird flu is portraid in the media the same as 'mad cow disease' was that it was some plague that would wipe us out but really its a fuss about nowt.

well, "mad cow" can't be cured or sanitized away, so its a different story than bird flu.

and (unless you're a vegetarian) you'd probably wind up bothered once milk and beef prices shot up 200-300% because all the stock keeps dying off.

Im not comparing bird flu to foot and mouth, Im just linking the media frenzy and hype created in both instances.

Havent they found dead swans in glasgow and belfast now too? I heard it mentioned on the news.

The media probably have exaggerated it quite a bit, but it's still quite worrying, it being so close to home and all.

Most reactions

Back