Biggest Fish shop in England?

bunjiweb

mmmmmmmarines
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Cheltenham (UK)
I have seen a shop in PFK that is in Dundee that has 600 tanks on the shop floor and a further 400 for quarentine and back up stock!!! THATS 1000 TANKS!!!!

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...hiscounty=Angus

The only problem is I live in Gloucestershire, and that is QUITE a way from the shop...

Does anyone know of any fish shops of this scale in London or anywhere South of Birmingham?

Ben
 
1000 tanks, GEEZ!

I bet they got lots more than that :P because they sell tanks too right?

Well 600 tanks on display means they stock a bloody lot of fish, i bet they have basically most types of everything and of all sizes lmao.
 
Yeh, the guy in PFK said that every time he visited there he saw stuff he'd never seen in a fish shop before, or even an aquarium!

I would love to go, but its just so far too travel!

Ben
 
bunjiweb said:
Yeh, the guy in PFK said that every time he visited there he saw stuff he'd never seen in a fish shop before, or even an aquarium!

I would love to go, but its just so far too travel!

Ben
Yeh, indeed it is a 24hour trip (probably). And unless you dont mind driving long distances you would need to stay the night in a b&b.

Anyone got any pictures of this place?

Sounds really cool.
 
Theres 1 picture of the place which doesnt show it all in PFK which I could try and take a picture of lol...

Ben
 
I was looking at the link you posted bunjiweb, how do you know they have 600 tanks on show?

I couldn't find any mention of it.
 
They have 550 tropicals, 64 coldwater, 77 marine & 490 quarantine/stock tanks.

So thats 1181 tanks in total, and that doesnt include the Display tanks.

They are in the process of building a Discus room and a pond centre and a Display tank area!

Ben

edit:

dundeefishshop.jpg
 
Hogans Ghost :lol:

That looks massive. Saying that good ol' Shirley Aquatics in Solihul is pretty big :) ;)
 
That must be Huge!! I'd love to go there, but way too far away for me!!! Biggest one I know of is maidenhead aquatics in Iver near Slough!!! They've only got 369 tanks though (not including quarantine tanks!!) Still its pretty good though!!!
 
but I find Maidenhead Aquatics is usually all the common community fish + Some nice Cichlids and Discus. We have a 400tank Maidenhead Aquatics in Swindon but they rarely get anything interesting in there.

Ben
 
Dunno, the one in iver had Arowanas, Black Ghost Knives, Clown Knife fish, Stingrays, plenty of puffers, quite a bit of marine stuff, and loads of others I'd never seen before. I've been to quite a few of the Maidenhead Aquatics, as I live in the area that they seem to have the biggest concentration, and for the most part, yes they do have just community fish with the odd different one, but Iver was a bit different.
The one common thing I have found though is that they are way overpriced!!!!
 
I live in Glasgow but as soon as my tank is up and running I am defo taking a trip to Dundee, that place looks awesome!!!

I'll take my digi camera with me incase I see anything spectaculer I think you guys might like to see.
 
Yes PLEASE anyone planning to visit this fish shop PLEASE take their digi-cam as it could make for some EXCELLENT pics :D

sorry for all the caps but fishies make me excited lol :wub:

Ben
 

Most reactions

Back
Top