Big Problem

MarkByrom

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have done a water change on Monday, All fish were fine and the water had not been changed for four weeks prior. 2 days after the change i have had;

2 x mollies die
2 x gurami
2 x platty
And my rainbow shark isn't looking too hot.

Any ideas?

All nitrate readings are normal, no high contenet! Bit odd but the rest of the fish seem to still be happy.

Could it be just one of those thing's?


Thanks in advance,

Mark.
 
Did you treat the new water before adding it?

Also a 4 weeks is a long time to leave before a water change, your nitrates would have been off the scale.

Your fish would have gotten used to the high nitrates when you did the water change the difference could have been enough to stress your fish out somewhat!

What percentage did you change I would have only changed a small amount after leaving it 4 weeks.
 
I changed about 10%.

The nitrates were fine still after 4 weeks, (#### load of plants) No new additions whatsoever.

The only thing i can think of is the rainbow shark has started to become a bit agressive over the last week or so, so have to move him to another tank for a while.

That said the shark could be the one killing the others.
 
I changed about 10%.

The nitrates were fine still after 4 weeks, (#### load of plants) No new additions whatsoever.

The only thing i can think of is the rainbow shark has started to become a bit agressive over the last week or so, so have to move him to another tank for a while.

That said the shark could be the one killing the others.


Ah you didnt mention the plants, one of the things I sometimes have issues with is my PH fluctuating in my tapwater sometimes it can be on the verges of 9!

I have found the best time to do a water change is a saturday morning get a reading of about 7.3 then

If could have also been the shark
 

Most reactions

Back
Top