big fish

noop

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i'm planning to get a set-up - about 50 u.s.gallons - with lots of tetra, 3 guppies and a bristlenose pleco. but i also wanted 1 or 2 larger fish (ie 4-5" or more). i know the pleco can reach this size but i want large fish that move around more

and of course i don't want fish that will eat my tetra. does anyone have suggestions as to what i could get? other than gourami?

cheers
noop

Silver dollars are large and peaceful and really must be seen shoaling together to be fully appreciated. They're so shimmery and beautiful. :nod: You'd need to add at least 3, and preferably more to keep them comfortable; they're totally skittish freaks if kept in small numbers or alone. In a 50, I'd say you could keep a small shoal of silver dollars as well as a nice shoal of a smaller tetra. The guppies and bristlenose won't be any concern as they occupy the uppermost and lowermost regions of the tank, but you don't want to have toooo many other swimmers taking up the silver dollars' space.

Bala sharks get up to a foot, are good in groups and are peasefull. Also gouramis would be good i dont know if you want bigger but ones that would go good with you tank get up to 5 or 6 inches. Blue ,opaline, pearl or paradise gouramis would be good in your tank and are beautifly colored.( if you get paradse gouramis dont get more than 1 male because they sometimes fight like male bettas)

Yes silver dollars are nice, angels get 6 inch and are nice too.

thanks for the advice. silver dollars are looking good to me

i thought angels ate tetra for breakfast?? :/

Most reactions

Back