Big Brother Emailed Me Back About Goldfish

I have yet to get a reply, But I hope they have to pay fro the suffereing of the poor fish.
 
Yes, at the beginning it may well have been through sheer ignorance that BB allowed the fish to be kept that way - but you would think that after receiving so many complaints about the same thing, which were offering the correct advice, that they would have looked into it further or taken the fish back from the housemates.

It was just horrible to witness because we were all saying it was so wrong and knew it would end like this and was so frustrating not being able to stop it.

Why should they take advice from a few crazy animal rights activists and PETA nutjobs? The professionals at PetSmart or wherever told them that they could put even more fish in those tanks and didn't have to change the water so long! They were already doing far more than was necessary for the well being of those fish.

(The attitude shouldn't surprise you - it even shows up on this forum, many people post once or twice and then disappear when the answers they get don't match what they want to hear, a few actually argue their points).
 
I have now emailed , but began by saying I had seen their " standard reply" ( I didn't say where ) and listed at great length, reasons why I disagreed with it, what the goldfish needed and why, and how awful I think it is to keep those fish so incorrectly on the very wrong advice of a supposedly reputable fish shop purely for some fame hungry berks to bugger it up and cause them even more suffering . Seriously, what genuinely reputable fish shop advises to use those ridiculous "oxygenating" tablets ? NONE. How much do you want to bet some complete fool in the upper echelons of the BB team decided it would be "funky" or "retro" to give the houserats something living to look after? They probably sent the office teaboy down to the nearest petshop for the little tank and those fish.
 
BB have removed all the goldfish threads. I started a few complaining but as soon as they spot them they take them off. Its disgraceful that despite all our complaints pointing out that they were going to die they let it happen. Not only that but they didnt give them meds before it was too late! Its outrageous that they were allowed to cause unecessary suffering live on TV and get away with it while we had to watch and could do nothing. Shame on you BB! :no:
 
well the thing is BB have been in the same situation that loads of newbies find themselves in all the time, they have gone and saught advice, they have provided housemates with instructions and done their best to ensure it is carried out. the fact that the petshop dished out dodgy advise is no more BB's fault than it is the fault of newbies who come on this forum every day with similar situations.

Oh yeh :rolleyes:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top