Betta's With Shrimp?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AmyStardust

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hiya!

I currently have 2 Platy's and 4 Ghost shrimp!

I did want to get some Neon Tetra's to go with them but my tank is too small (5G) and I don't want to be cruel... :unsure:

So I'm thinking of investing in either a Betta or maybe 1 or 2 Guppies...

Will they mix with my existing fish though?? :huh:

what sex are the platies?

i personally wouldn't add a betta in a small tank with platies and the shrimp could become lunch

then i wouldn't add anythink else, if you really wan more fish then invest in another larger tank, move the current fish over then get a betta for the smaller one

Since they're both males, provided the tank is stable, 1-2 male guppies may be possible, but I'd also invest in an upgraded tank. A 20 long isn't too expensive, and Christmas is just around the corner.

Since they're both males, provided the tank is stable, 1-2 male guppies may be possible, but I'd also invest in an upgraded tank. A 20 long isn't too expensive, and Christmas is just around the corner.

Would I have to make sure that I bought male guppies?? Would 2 females not be suitable?

I do want to invest in a bigger tank - but this one was bought for my little boy, for his first pets!! Lol! We don't have a lot of room at the mo, but I'm hoping that maybe nearer Xmas I can convince my fiance that a bigger tank would be better!! ;)

I have noticed the Platty's bickering more and more the past couple of days - with the introduction of new fish distract them slighty or make them worse?? :huh:

Female guppies get quite a bit bigger than males - the males would already be pushing it if the tank hasn't been running several months (even then a bit, as the tank is quite small and prone to instability). This is true with a lot of livebearers - my female platys are both easily a half inch longer than the male, and my girlfriend has a female molly just over 4 inches, my male is 3 at best.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back