Bettas with other fishies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DancingBetta

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello!
I was at the pet store, looking at bettas for fun, when I realized how much I missed having them. I’m planning on redoing my tank and getting rid of some fish. I’ll keep my favorites: a BN pleco, a Siamese algae eater, and a mystery snail. It’s a 40 gallon tank. So... I started wondering if a betta was compatible with these fish... what do you think?

Hello!
I was at the pet store, looking at bettas for fun, when I realized how much I missed having them. I’m planning on redoing my tank and getting rid of some fish. I’ll keep my favorites: a BN pleco, a Siamese algae eater, and a mystery snail. It’s a 40 gallon tank. So... I started wondering if a betta was compatible with these fish... what do you think?
i would think yes, but what is your filter? sometimes those mess up their nests

Siamese algae eaters can be aggressive, when they are the only one of their kind in the tank. I don’t suggest getting a Betta... there are a lot more stocking options for a tank that size.

Male bettas are solitary by nature, and can pose a risk to tank inhabitants. Female bettas do better in a community tank though, and as long as the Siamese algae eater isn’t a problem (I don’t know much about them) you could certainly have a female betta sorority with the pleco and snail!

I might consider rehoming the algae eater, if I did would that work?
If you just had the Betta and the BNP, it might work. I have kept Bettas and BNP’s before, and they did good together.

Well I took a closer look at my Siamese algae eater and... he’s a flying fox ?

Aaaand I triple checked, and this time I am absolutely sure he’s a Siamese algae eater....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back