Betta's Fins Are Shrinking?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sythgara

Reaction score
Hello, I was hoping someone could help me out.

I've had my betta for over a year now and he's been doing well in his 5g tank. No problems.
Lately me and my brother noticed that his eyes seemed bigger, and 2 weeks after that he started to seem smaller in body and fins. He eats and swims fine.

I think it started after I got a new bulb, which seemed initially much more red than it should. It was only slightly dyed pink so I thought it'd bring out his color nicely.

I've been asking around here and I was told it wouldn't irritate the fish so I just kept it.

The water's around 80-82 so I don't think he should be cold. Never was like that before.

Thanks

It sounds rather like it might be old age.

Have you tested the water at all (and if so, what were the results)? Have you done a big water change to see if he perks up? Is your tank filtered?

Yes, it's filtered. I am waiting for house work to finish before I do another water change. I don't have any testers left at the moment. But I used my water conditioner/live bacteria that promote healing etc, also my solution for ammonia,nitrates and nitrites

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back