Betta's death

Idolz

Fish Addict
Reaction score
For those of who know about my most recent betta who wasn't doing well... he died the other day :-( . I had one die on me not too long ago as well. I couldn't figure out what was happening. I buy the fish, find out it has fin rot and start treating it, I put them in a small goldfishbowl and they both had the same kind of problems that lead to death. I thought that it was the fact that I had added water and "betta fix" to my bowl? I emailed the company who made the "betta fix", to ask if its ok to mix with salt, more than six times on 3 different email accounts and still no reply!! But I think that I have found the answer. There must be some kind of chemical in my fishbowl. Back when I first baught the bowl and a small goldfish I don't think he lasted very long in it. I have become very frustrated with keeping bettas because of this bowl and I would like to try another, but im not sure when or if I will at all?

I'm sorry that you are having these problems - if you really think the bowl is part of the problem then you can start there and get better housing.

ALASKA

clean your bowl with 19 parts water and one part bleach. rinse it 9582957205823504 times after that! do not use bettafix-it is useless! use bettamax. bettamax is often sometimes hard to find but i know the evil empire (also known as petco) carries it. it solves most betta problems.
how often were you changing the water?
how big is the bowl?

often the bettas are bad stock when you get them so it might not even be your fault.

it is also a good idea when you first get a betta to put it in some bettamax just to make sure.

I will just get a different bowl, It holds about a liter of water. I had only put them in there for medicating, my actual Betta tank is 2.5 us gal. Thnaks..... I knew betta fix wasn't working :angry:

Most reactions

Back