Bettas are the smartest aquarium fish ever!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jessie J.

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Bettas are so smart! I once had one that would come out whenever a harmonica or guitar was played outside his tank, and now I have two who are so personable. One, Moscow lives with guppies and danios and the other won't tolerate any other fish in his tank. They are the only fish I know with such big personalities! Who else has some cute bettas to share thoughts and ideas?
Is it possible to train them to do tricks? Lol, the first at-home fish circus.

They are the only fish I know with such big personalities! Who else has some cute bettas to share thoughts and ideas?
Yes they sure do.
Say hi to Grouch

You should talk to @fluttermoth about his oscar.

This is not my video

Bettas can be trained to go through hoops and things. My males are funny but my females are more loveable. I have 7 tanks of fish and my bettas and goldfish have the personalities. They come up to talk to me and get excited. The other fish are just kinda there. Boring, actually. Lol

I have three male Bettas. They each have their own personalities.

Phil my royal blue Veiltail is the hunter scavenger who's usually patrolling the bottom of his tank digging in the rocks or pestering his moss ball. He also likes to swim and dive bomb to the bottom of his tank like a torpedo.

His brother Miles is a red and blue half moon Super Delta with big billowing fins. He swims around all mellow and majestically. When not chilling in one of his two hiding decorations he rests on his hammock. Sometimes he will occasionally swim over to the feeding area of his tank waiting...lol.

The last family member is a little Crowntail named Syd with new fins growing. He was very sick when I first got him but after a week of good food and clean water he's a little terror. He does laps like Speedy Gonzales in his tank and loves swimming in and out of his balanese lantern decoration or hiding in it. He also likes to stop and flare at my index finger if I show it to him. If I bring my face up close to his tank he swims right over to say hi. He's quite lovable and happy I nursed him back to health.

All my Bettas also like to play games like "follow the finger" and will take food pellets off my finger too. They're pretty entertaining.

Topaz, my new male Delta tail betta already has an awesome personality. He''s pretty friendly so far and his 5.5 gallon tank is on my nightstand, and last night he was resting by his betta log to the side of the tank closest to where my bed is.
I put a small mystery snail in there one time and he kept flaring his gills at it and nipping it. So I moved the poor snail to the tank I have that will have fish in it soon but right now is just full of tadpole snails.
Topaz is awesome :)

8E34DBC8-1B0C-4F47-A091-EE67F1AEDE06.jpeg
My Betta fish comes to say hi whenever my bedroom light is on. He likes to hang out by the food hatch too, always hungry lol. I’ve trained him to jump out of the water to touch my finger and goes through hoops. He also has a little LEGO boat he likes to play with. Such a personality!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back