Betta with lump on right side

Ariel347

New Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Points
3
Location
berkeley
Hello,

I've noticed that my betta has a lump on only the right side of his body. It has gotten more pronounced in the past week -- in fact, I only noticed it a few days ago. His behavior is completely the same. He's active and has a great appetite, but I am concerned and am not sure what the problem is or if there is anything I can do to help him. I haven't changed his food or the amount that I'm feeding him.

Does anyone recognize what this could be?

He's alone in a 13 gal with filter & heater and I've had him about 2.5 years now. Thank you for any input.
 

Attachments

  • BettaLump1.webp
    BettaLump1.webp
    185.3 KB · Views: 132
  • BettaLump2.webp
    BettaLump2.webp
    194.2 KB · Views: 107
I think it might be a tumor, but I don't personally see a place to panic if his regular habits haven't changed. 2.5 years old is, well, old so these things could be expected.
 
Thank you so much for your response. Yeah, I knew these days would eventually come...he means the world to me and I want him to be comfortable. I will keep an eye on it. Thanks again.
 
In my experience, tumors (which aren't cancerous btw) come with age most of the time. and are not much to worry about. :D I'm just glad to be reassuring. beautiful fish by the way!!:fish:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top