Betta tankmates

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ry4n7

Reaction score
I have the aqua one trio Betta tank 3oth 1 betta and 4 dwarf frogs in separate sections. I'm going to add a substrate and live plant and eventually get a betta in each. My question is..

I want a small Cory or another small bottom feeder that would be ok with a betta. I was thinking about getting a few pygmy Cory but wonder will they be too small and get attacked..and on the other hand I know some cory get quite large and it's realistically only going in a 10litre tank(although it's very well filtered) obviously the space is a big deal.any other suggestions would be appreciated thanks:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

With a tank 25 x 55 cm footprint, each section is just 25 x 18 cm. This is too small for any bottom dwelling fish, including the 3 species of dwarf cory. These all need a footprint of 45 x 30 cm. All I would put in with each betta is a snail.

When you have three bettas, will the frogs still be in there?
I once put frogs in with a betta in a 25 litre tank and I would never do it again. It was a nightmare trying to stop the betta eating all the frogs' food, and one frog mistook the betta's tail for food and bit onto it. The poor betta was frantically swimming round trying to dislodge the frog. That's when I set up my quarantine tank and moved the frogs into that.

With a tank 25 x 55 cm footprint, each section is just 25 x 18 cm. This is too small for any bottom dwelling fish, including the 3 species of dwarf cory. These all need a footprint of 45 x 30 cm. All I would put in with each betta is a snail.

When you have three bettas, will the frogs still be in there?
I once put frogs in with a betta in a 25 litre tank and I would never do it again. It was a nightmare trying to stop the betta eating all the frogs' food, and one frog mistook the betta's tail for food and bit onto it. The poor betta was frantically swimming round trying to dislodge the frog. That's when I set up my quarantine tank and moved the frogs into that.
I would move the frogs, I've had problems with other fish eating their food on remand them starving so I try to keep them alone where possible. I could try the snail..although the lid isn't totally closed and they breed an awful lot :/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Personally I like nerite snails. They can't breed in fresh water as the larvae need salt water. Females do lay sesame seed like eggs over the decor, but the don't hatch.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back