Betta tank - help pls

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

FishEs2978

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all so I now have an empty 22l fish tank , it has three annubais ( defo not how u spell it ) and something that looks a bit like a nicer Java fern but with red stalks ? It also has two small pieces of bogwood an extra small plant and Dave my moss ball . Iā€™m going to Maidenhead aquatics next weekend to get a few more plants any ideas ? Iā€™m unsure what to get though ?? Iā€™m young so my budget is quite low was looking at max Ā£30.00 for all fish and plants - was considering a male betta would that work ? Also have 4 Amano shrimp in another tank that id like in there would it work or are there other small fish ? Mind you my fish shop is very basic doesnā€™t have all of these exotics breeds as Iā€™m on the UK , the photo is it a few weeks ago Iā€™ll get better photos measurement etc really soon but for now it no long er has the left plant but has a few new ones including two small pieces of bogwood and a Marimo moss ball

Attachments

• 91A26452-CE88-40AE-990A-1D8C8C9DFAD1.jpeg
    91A26452-CE88-40AE-990A-1D8C8C9DFAD1.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 36
A single male Betta would do just fine, no other fish.

I would look for some Anacharis. Itā€™s super easy to grow, cheap, and Bettas love it. Also look for Java Moss and Java Fern.

You should be able to get a decent variant Betta and a few more plants for Ā£30.

Ok perfect ! I have some anacharis in another tank which I might steal , I also have Java fern and Java moss any good suggestions on nice big leaved plants I could get ? Thanks

Before adding any fish or other living creatures, be sure your tank is cycled

Itā€™s been running for a fair few months I used it a s a fry growing tank but now I donā€™t have them anymore and wanted to use it for something else , will that be ok ?

Itā€™s been running for a fair few months I used it a s a fry growing tank but now I donā€™t have them anymore and wanted to use it for something else , will that be ok ?
Do you have a water testing kit?

I have those strips that you put in ?? Iā€™ll do it tonight and send a photo

I never knew that ! Iā€™ll order it tonight ... can I still add plants - if so can you recommend me some nice looking foreground plants other than Java fern , swordtails ancharis etc ? And then Iā€™ll wait until I get the kit to get fish

I never knew that ! Iā€™ll order it tonight ... can I still add plants - if so can you recommend me some nice looking foreground plants other than Java fern , swordtails ancharis etc ? And then Iā€™ll wait until I get the kit to get fish
Yes, you can still add plants, but I'm no expert on them...I keep the simple ones to grow...java fern is one
Look at the crypts, there are alot of different ones to choose from, and they're easy to grow

Yes, you can still add plants to a non-cycled tank. They actually speed up the process, by sucking up ammonia.

Dwarf Hairgrass is a good foreground plant, but it may need liquid fertilizers.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back