Betta Tank For Future Use

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

argoma

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have this 2,5 gallon tank that i recently got for Casper, my betta.
I, by no means, want him to die but he eventually will someday, hopefully not soon, and i was wandering how i can use the tank after.
What are some fish i can put in 2,5 gallon tank apart from bettas? How many and what species of fish can i fit in there?
I know they have some neon tetras, guppy, moly and such in the local pet store.
Also can i put a snail there now while Casper is there? I have a marimo in there, would i have to remove it for the snail not to eat it?
Anything?

There is no other fish suitable for a tank that small :/ a 5 gallon is considered minimum for fish. If you can get a 5 gallon tank then you can have a look at our nano tank section :)
Some shrimp or snails might work though.
You could always do a planted tank without fish, I've seen some and they looked spectacular!

Yes, you can put a snail in there. Depending on its type it probably won't eat the moss ball :)

argoma said:
Hello everybody,

I have this 2,5 gallon tank that i recently got for Casper, my betta.
I, by no means, want him to die but he eventually will someday, hopefully not soon, and i was wandering how i can use the tank after.
What are some fish i can put in 2,5 gallon tank apart from bettas? How many and what species of fish can i fit in there?
I know they have some neon tetras, guppy, moly and such in the local pet store.
Also can i put a snail there now while Casper is there? I have a marimo in there, would i have to remove it for the snail not to eat it?
Anything?
YOu could get a betta really, just have to be upbeat with water changes. many killifish species, IE NA&SA can easily go into micro tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back