Betta Tail Types

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
:huh: If its tail is 180 degrees, then it's a half moon, but if it's less, it's a delta, and certain points mean that it's a split, not a double tail, and male plakats can be mistaken with female crowntails, and one betta has 32 rays while another... :blink: :crazy: I gotta go get some aspirin!!!

I finally read this thread the whole way through without my eyes glazing over and having to duct tape my heads so my brains wouldn't leak out... It's very good. Except I'm still not sure how to tell a female plakat from a veil..... :S

My brain hurts....

here is a picture of my spade tail female :)

newbettas003.jpg

Hi
i'm a newbie here.....

I have a betta....mix coloured...looks like betta
It's a crown type with

double double ray

and also

cross ray....

is it called "marble double double cross ray crown tail" ? :sly:

Well, I'm not seeing any Crowntail Plakats in this thread! I'll post pictures of mine.

newgirl2.png

newgirl1.png

newguy1.png

Sorry for low quality pictures.

I have couple questions that dont really have to do with tail type I think, but what makes it a 'Mustard Gas' or a 'Butterfly'?

From my understanding of it, butterflies have a solid color body (not multi-toned) and the fins start off the same color as the body but end up in a band of a different color--the best have ALL their fins the same 2-tone coloring in the same equal proportion as all the other fins and the demarcation line between the 2 colors is sharp (it doesn't bleed from one color to the other). The original true, pure mustard gas has a green body with yellow fins with green edging along the fins; Mustard Gas Salamanders are blue, purple or "black" and have the yellow fin pattern with edging--true MGs will breed true (that is, their offspring will be the same coloring as the parents) in almost a predictable way.

then what tail type is this?
it is kind of a cross between a crown tail and a veiltail i would send u some pics of him if i knew how to send them. i got him from the fish shop i go to . he is fairly small but quite aggresive and active

This was helpful, but I still can't find out what tail type my betta is.
It looks like Mamaschild's betta (on page 2).
It's fins are tattered so you can't really recognize it. I think it's a veil tail. But it might be a DT.
Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

I was told my female is a spade tail. Here is a picture of her. Sorry it's out of focus, but you can see her tail.

IMG_0243.jpg

What are the "rays" that it keeps talking about over and over? I don't know what a "ray" is

then what tail type is this?
it is kind of a cross between a crown tail and a veiltail i would send u some pics of him if i knew how to send them. i got him from the fish shop i go to . he is fairly small but quite aggresive and active

That's called a combtail... It has the length and 'togetherness' that a veilteil would have with split rays at the ends of crowntails..
Combs have been developed into HM's called 'Half suns'... Very cool looking.

Most reactions

trending

Back