Betta swimming oddly / change in swim

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

KoppeKatxx

Reaction score
Need help! I have a halfmoon male betta fish that lives in a 10 gal tank. His tank is cleaned once every week.

Anyways Iā€™ve noticed today that his swim pattern is oddā€¦ as you will be able to see in the video Iā€™ve linked below. What is wrong with him? Or is he alright, I just want to know as Iā€™ve never seen him act that way. Iā€™ve checked his tank parameters and they are all good.

IMG_7825.mov

Would love a response as soon as possible, thanks in advance!

Erratic swimming in betta fish is not always a negative indicator of poor health or stress. The fish may be swimming erratically due to over-stimulation or playful behaviour.

For example, young and healthy betta fish may exhibit energetic and active behaviour, such as darting around the tank or engaging in mock fights. In these cases, erratic swimming is typically a normal and healthy behaviour.

What he does at 33 sec. is an intimidation move, fake attack trying to spook "you".

While he may seems like he need a Padded tank and a straitjacket. He looks like a perfectly happy betta to me.

I can't refer to the video for I can't see it because I"m not a member of that site. But what MaLoK has already stated about the erratic swimming is a correct answer. I've seen that often in bettas when I used to keep and breed them for 15 years. So, I wouldn't be worried about it.

Erratic swimming in betta fish is not always a negative indicator of poor health or stress. The fish may be swimming erratically due to over-stimulation or playful behaviour.

For example, young and healthy betta fish may exhibit energetic and active behaviour, such as darting around the tank or engaging in mock fights. In these cases, erratic swimming is typically a normal and healthy behaviour.

What he does at 33 sec. is an intimidation move, fake attack trying to spook "you".

While he may seems like he need a Padded tank and a straitjacket. He looks like a perfectly happy betta to me.
Okay thanks for your help!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back