Betta sorority in a 20 tall?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thecandiedfish

Reaction score
So I watched a girl who had 3 successful betta sororities and she said one of the rules to keeping one was at least 5 females. Could a 20 gallon with plants and caves support that? Along with some harlequin rasbora? (I already have the rasboras) anyways If it could work can I have some tips and tricks to getting one started? or any good resources?

I have 3 ladies in my 36G and I'd say that was ample. I'm no expert by any means but they do get very territorial with each other. Firstly they will find the pecking order, there's always the boss, and then down to the last. Once the order is established they pretty much just get on. I wouldn't have anymore than 3 myself, although maybe 5 is the answer. I don't know... I consider my tank to have an array of plants and hiding places, and lots of space to free swim without being constantly nudged out the way by the others.
Overall they seem pretty content with one another, and they are all from the same fry but totally different colours and patterns. Very pretty fish. Did you decide to get any?

Most reactions

Back