Betta/shrimp tank re-scape!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ameris

Reaction score
So happy about this, it looks great imo, big improvement.

I bought this tank for $30 off of Craigslist in January. It came with the filter, plants, and shrimp (15 orange neocaridina). Three of the shrimp are soon to have babies, I have three corydora pandas in there, and a betta. This is how I bought the tank:
IMG_5229.jpeg
it’s fine. The plants are nice and it does its job

And this is how I chose to re-scape it!
IMG_5268.jpeg
all live plants. The hardscape centerpiece was only 24.99 USD, so thrilled! And there was a cute guy who new lots about fish at the store ;)

Obv the water needs time to clear up as I just did this like two hours ago, but once it does I’ll add more photos to the thread!

Thoughts?

For $30 that’s an excellent buy.

The original set up was quite good, and the re-scape would be better if the tank was a bit bigger :).

Do you know what type of rock your hardscape centrepiece is? Hope that it’s inert rock which doesn’t change the water parameters.

For $30 that’s an excellent buy.

The original set up was quite good, and the re-scape would be better if the tank was a bit bigger :).

Do you know what type of rock your hardscape centrepiece is? Hope that it’s inert rock which doesn’t change the water parameters.
I’m not sure what kind of rock it is, unfortunately. It’s brown and VERY porous which makes me wonder if it’s some volcanic rock, but I told the guy at the store my water parameters and he said it should be fine. As for the size I will admit it looks pretty tiny with the rock in there, but there is space behind the rock where I put in some plants for shrimp hiding places

Most reactions

Back