Betta pop eye

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bettafrog

Reaction score
Hey guys, pretty sure my betta has pop eye but just wanted to confirm :( I noticed she had these white dots on both eyes but just tonight noticed on eye has a white-fish growth underneath. I just moved and I think the water quality is different so maybe that's the cause? I've never dealt with this before, besides this she's acting completely normal

Attachments

• IMG_1669.JPG
    IMG_1669.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1671.JPG
    IMG_1671.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 57
It's hard to tell from the photos. Can you get any showing it clearly?

Keep the water very clean by doing extra water changes, substrate cleaning and rinsing the filter media in a bucket of tank water.

Thank you.
That isn't what I would call classic popeye but there definitely is something wrong.
Keep the water clean as described above.
Then add some aquarium salt at the rate of 1 tablespoon per 20 litres/ 5 gallons of water. Dissolve the salt using warm water before adding it to the tank. If you do a water change, replace the salt that has been removed. After 2 weeks you can do daily small water changes for a week to dilute the salt out, then return to larger weekly water changes..

Thanks! Yea pop eye seemed to be the only explanation I could find but it really looks different from normal cases. I'll try to get aquarium salt tonight as I stupidly didn't bring it with me bc haven't used it in so long. She seems her usual active self at the moment but I'll update if that or her eye condition changes!

This not popeye but rather a little wound he get on something hard/sharp in the tank.
What are pH GH KH NH3 NO2 NO3 temp. ?
What water do you use ?

This not popeye but rather a little wound he get on something hard/sharp in the tank.
What are pH GH KH NH3 NO2 NO3 temp. ?
What water do you use ?
Yea I was thinking it seemed different from pop eye because the scar is underneath rather than all around the eye. I was thinking there might have been more going on because theres been a white dot in each eye for a few days which looking back at old photos is def new. But with how quickly it happened a wound from a sharp object seems likely and the white dots in the eyes could just be age?
pH: 7.4-7.6 NO2: 0 NO3: 5 (haven't used water hardness testing)
I use tap water dechlorinated with seachem prime

pH: 7.4-7.6 NO2: 0 NO3: 5 (haven't used water hardness testing)
To make a Betta thrive, you want pH 6.5 to 7 maximum.
You have to test hardness (GH) and alkalinity (KH), both have to be below 7.
I'm pretty sure your Betta lives in an unsuitable water.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back