betta mahachaiensis

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ember04

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello

So if anyone has seen my last threads, I've had a problem with stocking my tank due to my hard water. I could not find a fish I liked that I could keep. Then I found Betta Mahachaiensis which naturally come from freshwater but also brackish water so like harder water compared to the rest of the wild bettas that need really soft water.
My tank is 7 gallons/ 26 litre
It measures 40 cm long, 26 cm is deep and 25 cm tall.
my ph is 6.5-7.2 though it can change if I add driftwood or tannins on average it's around that (I plan on macking this tank blackwater)
my KH is 220
my GH is 259 ppm or 14.5 degrees
I would want to keep only a single male and not a pair as I've read that you need larger tanks for pairs

anyone got any experience or knowledge, would they work so far I don't see any read flags, what about tank mates information is lacking though I've seen people keep them even with guppies

thanks for any advice
ember

Your tank is quite small to have more fish.
Probably Endlers and Celestial Pearl Danio(but will be at the high end) may work since you have hard water.

By the way, Betta fish is not from brackish water.

Here are some information about the fish:

I dont mind some extra work to keep up water conditions, i havnt got may tank so im spending more time makeing the ones i have look great

I've been able to find one a while of searching and finally, a captive breed male I'm thinking of ordering him and just keeping him as a solo specimin

I got him today, He's really beautiful just drip aclamenting him now. Colours are really nice and he looks healthly

Still waiting for photos... Lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back