Betta In Community

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tonyale

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i got a ten gal community tank with 5 platys mayby 6 and 3 to 2 corydoras and i was wondering if it would be possible to add a female crown tail betta

i got a ten gal community tank with 5 platys mayby 6 and 3 to 2 corydoras and i was wondering if it would be possible to add a female crown tail betta

I have a male betta with 6 guppys, 2 hong kong plecs, and about 10 shrimp las count (probs dropping though, i have never seen the betta attack any shrimp mind, doesnt say it is not happening though)in a similar size tank, its heavily planted but they are living fine together... the guppies provide a extra snack for the betta when they have babys. I assume the juvenile shrimp get eatten alot too, but some survive.

So they should be on with a female as they are supposed to be less agressive.

great thank u so much i seen a baby female rainbow colored crown tailed betta i want to get

As most people on here will tell you its all to do with individual temperament of the fish. Just keep a close eye on it the first few days to check for over aggression.

The only problem that I see with your plan has nothing to do with tank mates. You already have a fully stocked tank and adding a betta will probably push you over the edge. That will mean tons of large water changes for fish health. Do you really want to go there?

In my experience CT bettas are more aggressive than VT's, I actually have 2 VT betta males in my 60gal community tank, the CT had to be housed alone bc he tore up about 4 fish in one night. Just be prepared to move her if necessary. I've only had female VT's, no problem with them in a community. Good Luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back