Betta has weird splotches

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Oliver412

Reaction score
Hello!
It's a little hard to see in this pic because he wouldn't stop wiggling but my betta's face started to have these gray splotches. I thought they might be the face splotches from velvet but he doesn't have any of the typical body shimmer when I look at him with a flashlight. I'm worried about it as his fins seem to be clamped more often but he's eating fine and acting normal (not rubbing against anything) I got all my tank levels checked 2 weeks ago and I have all 0 ammonium and nitrate, 5 ppm nitrate which is reasonable, and a pH within the range. Any ideas about what could cause gray face splotches???
Any help would be awesome! Thank you~
PXL_20201205_141213896.jpg

It's hard to say what it could be. It might not be a problem, and if you keep an eye on it and it doesn't grow, it might be fine. What are you feeding him? Any tank mates and how big is the tank?

It's hard to say what it could be. It might not be a problem, and if you keep an eye on it and it doesn't grow, it might be fine. What are you feeding him? Any tank mates and how big is the tank?
I feed him 3 or so pellets of Aqueon Pro Foods Betta Formula and a alternate between a pinch of hikari freeze dried brine shrimp and blood worms everyday. He lives in a 16 gallon tank with a sponge filter and his only tank mates are nuisance snails and two assassin snails.

It sound like you're doing everything right as far as I can tell. I would just keep a careful eye on it and if it doesn't grow, it's probably nothing to worry about. If it grows or worsens, you could look into medicines. I had a betta that was slowly deteriorating and I couldn't figure it out, so I used the Aquarium Co Op Quarantine Trio of meds and it seemed to help.

It sound like you're doing everything right as far as I can tell. I would just keep a careful eye on it and if it doesn't grow, it's probably nothing to worry about. If it grows or worsens, you could look into medicines. I had a betta that was slowly deteriorating and I couldn't figure it out, so I used the Aquarium Co Op Quarantine Trio of meds and it seemed to help.
Thank you so much! Your feedback was really helpful. I'll keep an eye on it and buy that stuff if it gets worse.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back