Betta has a white spot

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
So here's the deal. My mom has a betta in a bowl, who seems otherwise healthy besides this spot. From the research I've done, I seem to think he's changing colors or getting a differently colored spot at least, but I would like to know what y'all think. When my mom first got this fish, he was blue... now he's not. lol. He's red now! Well.... red with a big white spot. The spot started out on his belly and looked sort of like a fungus, so we treated him for awhile with BettaFix, with no change. Now the spot covers most of the back of his belly, along with around half of his lower fin and part of his tail. He also is getting another white spot around his gills on one side. The spot doesn't look unhealthy necessarily, just weird. Where it reaches his fin, the fin is almost totally transparent. It's not slimy looking like a fungus, or anything of that sort. I've lookd everything up and so far, nothin! It doesn't seem like this happens much haha. However, his previous color change makes me wonder. What do y'all think? I took some pics with the web cam - check them out at http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/dart/fish.html

Thanks!

Julie i`m sorry but your mom`s betta has ick.Take him out of that flower vase and treat him in a gallon tank with ick meds.That vase is for flowers and not fish.People just don`t get it. :no:

I'm going to have to agree with Shimanocono. Doesn't look anything like Ich. Maybe you could try to get some better photos, would help with diagnosis.

I took some new photos but they're not a whole lot better :/ .. the webcam isn't that great to start with and this fish doesn't exactly hold still lol. I don't think it's ich either... hmm... Anyways feel free to check out the new pics, they're clearer I think. The thing is, he doesn't seem to be sick, not at all! He's a happy fishie :). Pics are the bottom 3 at the same site - http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/dart/fish.html

My betta used to have a white spot like that too. Now it's gone. My betta used to only get that in the morning right after he woke up.

Most reactions

Back