betta fins falling off

TALArtemis

Reaction score
The night before last I cleaned one of my bettas bowls and yesterday I found her whole tail fin at the bottom and her stuby little butt has white sticking out. I'm hoping this is fin remains and not bone or anything like that. I'm treating her with betta max but is this fin rot? I've never heard of whole fins just falling off before. My other betta is the perfect spunky little image of health so I'm hoping it's not my fault. What should I do to help out Fishyina? :sad:

Sorry, I forgot to mention:

I do 100% water changes once a week fairly religiously and Fishyina is acting depressed besides the fin missing. Also, the only food she's ever eaten is pellets, and she refuses to eat them when I'm watching. Since the fin incident she hasn't moved much away from the surface.

try to add a little aquarium salt and some mela-flex

P.S YOU MUST HAVE AN AIR PUMP AND AIR STONE WHEN TREATING YOU FISH WITH MEDICATION THERE HAS TO BE MOVEMENT IN THE WATER AND GOOD AREATION...

She's in a half gallon tank and I do dechlorynate the water. So will betta max not do anything?

If it's fin and tail rot you can use neosulfex. Add a dose every third day along with new water. Adding some aquarium salt would not hurt either. Once the rot stops and the fins start to grow back you can add bettamax to the water which will help the healing process. Good luck. :D :D

you shouldnt really be doing a 100% water change.
you'll be taking out all the good bactria which has built up in the gravel.
you should just siphone out around 50% each time.
but due to the size of the tank, you'll have to get a small siphone.
i use a bit of tube that i connect air stones and things to in my big tank.
i had some left over so i used that.
Betta fix helps the fins grow back but you should use something else to cure the fin rot

Most reactions

Back